Physiotherapy for Parkinson
Parkinson is a long term degenerative disease that affects mobility, speech, coordination and motor skills. Movement and activity is the most effective means of slowing the progression of the disease and therefore Physiotherapy can play a key part as a long term therapy for Parkinson patients.After a Parkinson’s diagnosis, while there are medications, most patients also benefit from physiotherapy especially in the diagnosis that is related to various signs and symptoms related to motor function, including slow movement, small movement, rigidity, tremors, postural instability, or freezing of gait.
Physiotherapy can help Parkinson condition by
- Assessing and determining condition
- Gait and stability training
- Exercise therapy to regaining range of motion
- Exercise therapy to strengthening muscles and joints
- Soft tissue and circulation improvement