Some of the problems faced by geriatric patients are already covered in the other sections dealing with specific conditions such as post surgery and stroke rehabilitation. However there are specific conditions in geriatrics that is caused by their inability or reluctance to use their limbs or to exercise.
Physiotherapy can help with Geriatric physiotherapy by
- Assessing and determining Geriatric condition and physiotherapy requirement
- Improve circulation with massage therapy
- Improving range of motion
- Gait, balance and coordination training
- Strengthening muscles and joints